1. Q: When is the 36th Annual All-America City 10K Run and Fun Run and Miracle Mile?
Saturday, February 3, 2018. 10K Run race start is 9 a.m. and Fun Run race start is 11:30 a.m. and Miracle Mile at 8am.
2. Q: The type of race course lay out?
10K Run and Fun Run flat out and back race courses fast through the city streets of Edinburg, Texas. Mile markers and water stations at every mile.
3. Q: Is Race Course easy to follow?
Yes, maps will be provided. Race course will be well marked and pace vehicles will be available.
4. Q: How long is the 10K run?
10K (6.2 miles)
5. Q: When is the latest I can register for the event?
Friday, February 2, 2018 8:00 p.m. No race day registration for 10K, Fun Run or Mirale Mile. NO EXCEPTIONS.
6. Q: How can I register?
cityofedinburg.com or IAAP
Walk-in – Edinburg Parks and Recreation Center, 315 E. Palm Drive Edinburg, TX. 78539
Monday – Thursday (8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.) and Fridays (8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
Mail In – Please mail by January 26, 2018. Mail registration forms and check payable to Parks & Recreation Dept. P.O. Box 1079 Edinburg, TX., 78540
and/or for more information visit www.cityofedinburg.com
7. Q: 10K Entry Fee?
10K Fun Run $10 for 19yrs & above and $5 for 18yrs and under & UTRGV students.
8. Q: Any other events?
Yes, Fun Run,$5 entry fee for everyone, MIracle Mile $5. for special needs.
9. Q: How is this race timed?
Bib Tag Timing Chip.
10. Q: Is this a certified race course?
|11. Q: Are trophies awarded to overall winners?
10K: Yes, trophies are awarded to top 5 male and female finishers in each age division no duplication of awards and newly design 10K medals to all finishers.
Fun Run: Newly design medals are given to every participant running / walking the race.
12. Q: What are the age categories for the 10K Run?
(8 & under) (9-10) (11-12) (13-15) (16-19) (20-24) (25-29) (30-34) (35-39) (40-44) (45-49) (50-54) (55-59) (60-64) (65-69) (70-74) (75-79) (80 & older).
13. Q: Is there a 10K prize money?
14. Q: Are there winners in other categories?
Yes, trophies – up to 5 deep in each age division and special categories for 10K run finishers. Fun Run & Miracle Mile – everyone gets a medal.
15. Q: Where is the Awards Ceremony?
ECISD Richard Flores Stadium, if inclement weather will be moved to Edinburg Parks and Recreation Gymnasium
16. Q: Are pets allowed on the Walk / Run?
Yes. Vaccinated and mandatory leash rule will be enforced.
17. Q: How many people participated in 2017’s event?
More than 3,000 walkers and runners participated in the 35th Annual 10K Run & about 4,000 for the Fun Run.
18. Do I get a free t-shirt?
T-shirts are given to everyone participating in either the 10K Fun Run, Fun Run, Miracle Mile, (Shirt size not guaranteed)
19. Q: When & Where can I pick up my pre-registration packet?
At the Edinburg Parks & Recreation
315 E. Palm Drive, Edinburg, TX
January 29 to February 2, from 8am to 8pm.
On day of event packets will be available at Edinburg Parks and Recreation until 8:45 a.m. for the 10K Run and until 11:15a.m. for the Fun Run. Please make arrangements to pick up race packet before event.